BE A WINNER IN WHALLEY!
Visit Whalley this May Bank Holiday and you could be a winner when you visit the fabulous independent stores, boutiques and café bars! Photography: Andrew Barton
The May Bank Holiday weekend promises to be a real cracker in Whalley, where all the independent businesses are working together to give visitors a real incentive to come to the town.
The past few months has seen a number of new businesses open up in the village, which is a riot of colour at this time of year with hanging baskets and floral displays.
Enhancing the shopping experience further, boutique owners, cafes and shops are collaborating to give visitors the opportunity to visit their stores and take part in a Bank Holiday Draw offering some fabulous prizes!
Hilary Cookson, of ladieswear store Maureen Cookson and neighbouring Benedicts, comments: “Whalley is very much open for business and, quite rightly, the town has become a really strong shopping destination.
“We offer many award-winning, independent businesses who are specialists in their own fields and we are all working collaboratively as we strive to push Whalley forwards.”
“While we have always been famed for our beautiful country location, the surrounding hills and walks, visitors are beginning to realise that Whalley is so much more than that – it is a shopping destination like no other!”
BANK HOLIDAY BONANZA!
Special May Bank Holiday event in Whalley:
Purchase from any of these retailers from 26thto 29th of May 2017 and receive a free ticket for a fantastic prize draw.
• Cosgroves: £50 voucher
• Benedicts: £50 afternoon tea voucher. Spend over £10 to get a ticket from Friday 26th to Monday 29th of May.
• Maureen Cookson: £50 voucher
• Whalley Wine Shop: Bottle of Chase Pink Grapefruit Gin and two gin glasses. Spend over £15 to get a ticket from Friday 26th to Monday 29th of May.
• Precious: £50 voucher
• Wardrobe by Simone: £50 voucher
• Hansel & Gretel: £40 voucher
• Whalley Warm and Dry: £50 voucher
• Crab Apple Crafts: Butterfly mirror
• Theofano: Painting class
• NuShu: £25 voucher
• Sarah Layton: £30 voucher
• Seasons: £20 voucher
• Cloud 9: ESPA Skin Radiance facial.
• Checkmate: £40 gift voucher